On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 03:39:32PM +0100, Sam James wrote:

> Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 2023-09-23 at 00:10 +0530, Siddhanth Rathod wrote:
> >>
> >> By establishing a universal remote-ID file, we can streamline this
> >> process. Your thoughts and feedback on this proposal would be greatly
> >> appreciated.Also, Any preferences on format?
> >
> > Building the wiki page isn't too hard, but what's the plan to propagate
> > changes into those seven other repositories? If we're still
> > copy/pasting the output of some tool, then we haven't really saved a
> > step, we've only changed what we're copy/pasting.
>
> At the moment, we bundle the DTD in pkgcore. If we just shoved it in
> metadata/ instead in the main repo, we don't have that kind of problem.

Likewise for iwdevtools which I'd update for this myself, loading from
::gentoo would be pretty trivial beside a little bit overhead to find
the repo.

At worst does mean that remote-ids won't resolve if it didn't manage
the repo (it's optional) but that's entirely fine for that tool and
beats updating these manually + making a release almost just for that
constantly (or fetching files at runtime).

If this was stored elsewhere (e.g. api.git), then wouldn't gain much.
--
ionen