> Files can decide to add some extra file documentation, in which case, the
> entries start after the line:

>     #--- END OF EXAMPLES ---

This agrees with current package.mask, but seems rather specific.
Instead of reinventing the wheel, maybe a "scissors line" could be used,
i.e. a line consisting mainly of "-", ">8" and "8<", similar to the line
used by git-mailinfo?

I'm also wondering if we shouldn't have a similar marker for the end of
the mask entries, i.e. everything after it would be ignored. This isn't
currently needed for package.mask, but other files in profiles have an
Emacs local variables block or a Vim modeline at the end.

Ulrich