25.11.2023 23:27, Andreas K. Huettel пишет:
> Hi all,
>
> here's a brief update on the upcoming 23.0 profiles.
>
> * All planned features are implemented (but not necessarily tested).
>    https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain/23.0_profile_transition
>
> * A draft upgrade document exists.
>    https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain/23.0_update_instructions
>
> Unless something important comes up over the next 7 days (and I mean you,
> worthy mailing list readers :), I consider the feature set now frozen.
>
> Which means, in a week we can start testing this in earnest. The
> next step will be to create "exp" profile entries, migrate seeds, and
> start up stage builds on all arches (in parallel to the existing builds
> and for now not linked on the webpages yet).
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

1. The [4]/[5] probably should list full domain name rather than g.o

2. According to 23.0_update_table, my non-systemd
default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma should now be
default/linux/amd64/23.0/split-usr/desktop/plasma. But that name looks
like merged-usr is now considered "better" than split-usr, as it has to
be specifically mentioned in the profile name. Therefore I probably
should migrate to merged-usr. But the only instruction how to do that
assumes systemd. And there's no plasma profile with merged-usr but
without systemd anyway... except that there is:
default/linux/amd64/23.0/desktop/plasma, it's just not mentioned in the
table.