On Fri, 2024-03-08 at 03:59 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Robin H. Johnson posted on Tue, 5 Mar 2024 06:12:06 +0000 as excerpted:
>
> > The energy waste argument is also one that needs to be made carefully:
>
> Indeed.  In a Gentoo context, condemning AI for the computative energy
> waste?  Maybe someone could argue that effectively.  That someone isn't
> Gentoo.  Something about people living in glass houses throwing stones...

Could you support that claim with actual numbers?  Particularly,
on average energy use specifically due to use of Gentoo on machines vs.
energy use of dedicated data centers purely for training LLMs?  I'm not
even talking of all the energy wasted as a result of these LLMs at work.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny