On Fri, 2024-03-01 at 07:06 +0000, Sam James wrote:
> Another person approached me after this RFC and asked whether tooling
> restricted to the current repo would be okay. For me, that'd be mostly
> acceptable, given it won't make suggestions based on copyrighted code.

I think an important question is: how is it restricted?  Are we talking
about a tool that was clearly trained on specific code, or about a tool
that was trained on potentially copyright material, then artificially
restricted to the repository (to paper over the concerns)?  Can we trust
the latter?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny