On 06/04/2024 17.06, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
Hi all,

so here's a small update on the state of the 23.0 profiles:

Thanks for the update and the work on the 23.0 profiles. :)

Most 17.x profiles have been downgraded to "exp".

I could imagine there is a reason to downgrade those back to 'exp', could you elaborate a bit on that?

Isn't it bit strange that a 'stable' profiles gets downgraded back to 'exp'? Then again, I am not sure about the implications of this nor about the rationale behind it.

However, I also notice that there is a outstanding PR that reverts that [1]. Maybe we should introduce a new state 'oldstable' or so?

- Flow

1: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/35871