At 14:05 04.02.2005, Thorsten Roggendorf wrote:
I would suggest making genkernel the default and improve the
documentation of adding modules. And I'd strip the manual configuration
part and provide an external link. It's mostly useless anyway. You have
to be very lucky or margnally experienced in kernel configuration to get
anything from it.

I can only second that. Make genkernel the default, but remind people that there is a "genkernel --menuconfig" option, so that they can (and should) still modify their Gentoo kernel, also when they use genkernel. I NEVER use the non-genkernel kernel compilation anymore.

Cheers, Herbert