Benno Schulenberg wrote:
Xavier Neys wrote:

<pre> getting too wide was to be expected.
I reset it to 0.90em and added overflow:auto;
It adds a scroll bar whenever necessary. It looks nice here but I
wonder how well this is supported on other browsers/platforms.

Looks good in Firefox. The little scrollbars on the codeboxes are surprising, but it's better than the whole page getting too wide. And the <pre>s being a little smaller than the plain text is fine.

Yep, IMO 90% is acceptable and is still more readable than the current pages BTW, konqueror does not support overflow:auto at all. It ignores it and displays the code samples as they are now.

I'd suggest we push this on-line and wait for vocal users :)
We can always remove the overflow setting if it causes any trouble, it's just
one line in the css.

Another tweak now on front page at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~neysx/gentoo.org/index.html
is the newsitem text flowing under the icon.
Please have a look.

Cheers, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / French & Internationalisation Lead \ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en /\