Previously you wrote: > Checking on IAR's website, they support some PIC processors, but not > the PIC16 processor currently involved.
Deal with a salesman via email on IAR offerings. Often they have versions not found published. IAR has an outstanding (few) compiler developers. Best in the micro world, imho. Ask who they'd use for your specific part/problem, if they do not offer a suitable version for your specific (part) chip. > James, I'd appreciate your posting your PIC open source references. These are old and unfiltered from a long time: from bookmarks file: 5382. http://www.embedded.com/190302110 5383. http://www.state-machine.com/ 5384. http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/toc.asp 5385. http://www.ethernut.de/en/index.html 5386. http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip/index.php/Main_Page 5387. http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip/download.html 5388. http://www.edtp.com/ 5389. http://liquorice.sourceforge.net/ 5390. http://www-ccs.cs.umass.edu/~shri/iPicTech.html 5391. http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/ 5393. http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en011993 5394. http://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=54189 5395. http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip/ 5398. http://picnic.sourceforge.net/ 5399. http://picnic.sourceforge.net/v2/wiki/ 5400. http://pikdev.free.fr/ 5401. http://piklab.sourceforge.net/ 5402. http://hyvatti.iki.fi/~jaakko/pic/picprog.html 5403. http://home.pacbell.net/theposts/picmicro/ 5404. http://picfloat.sourceforge.net/ 5405. http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010029&part=DM163004 5406. http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1469&filter1=function 5407. http://www.beyondlogic.org/ 5408. http://www.gnupic.org/ 5409. http://huizen.dds.nl/~gnupic/ 5410. http://groups.google.com/group/pickit-devel/ 5411. http://mdubuc.freeshell.org/Jolt/ 5412. http://www.oopic.com/ 5413. http://www.yty.net/pic/ 5414. http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/tcpip.htm 5415. http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/routines.htm 5416. http://pikdev.free.fr/ 5417. http://piklab.sourceforge.net/ 5418. http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~rakerman/port-table.html#IANA 5419. http://www.piclist.com/techref/piclist/index.htm 5424. http://www.mypic32.com/web/guest/contestants > Again, thank you all for sharing your knowledge and expertise. Drop me some email off-line, as I'd be interested in collaboration on PICs via wine/gentoo workstation development. I'm BUSY right now, but in a few weeks, I'll be finishing an old PIC(18F8720) project from 4 years ago (customer has funding YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!) James
