Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 08 July 2005 16:40, Craig Lawson wrote:
> > What I'd like to see *before* I upgrade is a list of advisories about
> > what trouble I'm in for.
>
> How about the ChangeLog?

That would be a great answer. I look for trips and traps by doing an
`emerge --pretend --verbose --changelog` every time I sync.
Unfortunately, changes are often made with no entry in the log. When
some change has significant effects, it is rare that even a passing
mention is made regarding the precautions and prerequisites. I'm not
suggesting yelling-at-the-user style "*** DANGER WILL ROBINSON ***"
messages, but the terse kind suggested in Mr. Lawson's first message
would be dandy.

> You're on the wrong list for this. The thread should be on
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What he was requesting, additional capability for Portage, probably
belonged here. On the other hand, a discussion on how to convince devs
to make use of the existing capabilities would probably be welcome on
gentoo-dev or, perhaps, gentoo-qa.

--
Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.