On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:42:55 -0500 Brian Harring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| What's stated above, and what this thread has come down to is that
| you're putting a lot of reqs and pointing at whatever roadblock you
| can for anyone who attempts it.  Kudos, although bluntly, talk is
| cheap.

Bah. Not roadblocks, basic design requirements.

| Produce a patch and maybe people will listen to you, otherwise those
| of us who are tired of listening to others state how it should be
| done (but do nothing but talk), are going to jump in and do it,
| addressing the issues thus pointed out.

Unlike some, I don't pretend to know enough about the design part of
this to even consider working on a patch. Code that does the wrong
thing is at best worthless.

| In other words, their really is no point in debating people
| attempting it. They're going too, and as I made pretty bluntly clear,
| the only say you've got on this is as a member of the dev community
| when/if they push for it to go mainline.

...at which point, you will claim "the work is already done, so it's
too late to block this now".

| If people are up for the continuing pissing match, take it private.

"I'm not hearing what I want to hear, so I will repeatedly throw out
lots of ad hominem attacks and wild accusations rather than address the
issues at hand."

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm