> Go find a mathematician and discuss this matter with him. Tell him what you
> told
> me, and he will slap you with a large frying pan.

Here's a non-programming example, to make things clearer.

It's a sunny Sunday, and Fred is watching a labourer trying to build a
house with a shovel. An hour later, Jane comes along and asks Fred
whether the labourer has built any houses *with* that shovel.

Fred does not say:

"Hang on! With *that* shovel? I dunno. Possibly. Who can say?"

Fred does say:

"Dudess, that labourer hasn't built any houses."

Implicit in that is:

"Dudess, regardless of the building tool, no houses have been built."