On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:05:35 -0600
Ryan Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to add two warnings to the QA GCC warning message reporter
> for GCC 4.2.

I think it would be useful if the set of warnings could be customisable
outside of portage (in particular, to render it independent of portage
revisions).  I'm thinking of a profile file - which could also then be
different for different profiles.

Also worth noting; if you stick '-Wall' in CFLAGS, in my experience
something like 1 in 5-6 packages fail as a result (on a recent world
rebuild, 224 out of 1273).  It's a much higher rate than any of the
other QA checks, and it makes it hard to see the wood for the
trees - it also means it's impractical to set FEATURES=stricter.

To this end it would also be useful if the QA notices were _all_ sent to
the elog report; the "Files were installed with user/group portage" one
is, but I don't think any of the others are.

My time is rather limited to do anything about it for a month or two,
but I thought I'd throw this into the melting pot for thought at least.

--
Kevin F. Quinn