On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:44:15 -0800
Alec Warner <anta...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Tom Wijsman <tom...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
>
> > ---
> >  bin/repoman   | 53
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ man/repoman.1
> > |  4 ++++ 2 files changed, 57 insertions(+)
> >

> I urge you to not author new checks like this. /usr/bin/repoman is
> already a mess.
>
> Write these checks as functions, put them in a different file, and
> just call them from the giant messy loop. At least that way the
> checks are self contained (great for avoiding things like variable
> re-use or shadowing).

My plan is to first work a bit on repoman to get to know it, then when
knowing better where everything is work on refactoring it. If I start
to refactor right away, or start adding random files without knowing
where everything is; I would create a more broken design than it is.

Don't worry, I plan on a fully refactored Portage as well as good
practices when adding new checks; which will definitely become
necessary as we go forward. There's ~80 bugs, imagine all the code that
that would bring; definitely don't want those files to grow much longer.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D