On Tuesday 14 January 2014 16:15:48 Tom Wijsman wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 23:59:11 -0500 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > we probably should just use dev branches in the main repo, at least
> > for people who have write access to the repo
> >
> >     dev/$USERNAME/<whatever you want>
>
> To be more clear, which one? g.o.g.o, GitHub or is one of both fine?

g.o.g.o

> > >         r'\s*src_(configure|prepare)\s*\(\)'
> > >
> > > You can then proceed further and move the re outside:
> > the idea was to walk a balance between simplicity and
> > maintainability.  imo, the fixed version above is the best.
>
> What about the latter improvements about the parentheses?

seems fine

> > as long as portage supports an EAPI, i see no reason to omit useful
> > checks like this.
>
> Repeating my original question in different words: Why is it useful?

people run repoman outside of the main tree.  we don't really know their
desire for EAPI compatibility.  legacy/old portage/who knows.  Chromium OS for
a long time was restricted to EAPI 4 for two reasons -- it had an old portage
version (and upgrading to a newer one regressed performance significantly, so
we held off until we could figure out why), and it was using a really old
stage3
to build the SDK (which means we needed to support upgrading an old system
too).
-mike