On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Kent Fredric <kentfred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm basically having trouble with groking the logic you're proposing of
> "add a new use flag" -> "implied change of useflag" -> "rebuild when
> useflags change" -> "but don't rebuild for this useflag change using some
> kind of magic"

I'm fine with rebuilding a package anytime the IUSE changes.  I just
don't want to see a package built with +a -b rebuilt as -a +b because
either configuration works, so it gets rebuilt every time you run
emerge.  If multiple configurations work, just use the one that is
already installed.

emerge --newuse is already going to rebuild any package that has IUSE
change anyway.

--
Rich