On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Martin Vaeth <mar...@mvath.de> wrote:
> One suggestion around this problem would be to use different
> directories for these two types of use-flags, say
> "package.use" and "package.use.needed".

I still think we need a better long-term solution, but the workaround
is simpler than that.

I try to keep files in directories for package.keywords and
package.use.  One starts with a z and is a dumping ground for
auto-whatever.  The other files are where I try to remember to store
personal preferences.  So, in theory at any time I can wipe the z-file
and run emerge and watch it wrestle with re-creating it.

However, I think a cleaner solution would be better...

--
Rich