quoth the Joseph Jezak:

Thanks for the reply,

> Well, two suggestions here:
>
> 1. From the radeon man page:
> Option "ReverseDDC" "boolean"
> When BIOS connector informations aren't available, use this
> option to reverse the mapping of the 2 main DDC ports. Use  this
> if the X serve obviously detects the wrong display for each
> connector. This is typically needed on the Radeon 9600  cards
> bundled with Apple G5s. The default is off.
>
> 2. Try adding
> Option "MergedFB" "false"
> It looks like it's detecting both heads, not monitors attached to
> both heads.

I tried both of these ideas, separately and together. Seem to be getting
closer. Instead of a blank screen I get random coloured vertical bars on
parts of the screen. Still get this:

(II) RADEON(0): Primary:
 Monitor   -- TMDS
 Connector -- DVI-D
 DAC Type  -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
 TMDS Type -- Internal
 DDC Type  -- VGA_DDC
(II) RADEON(0): Secondary:
 Monitor   -- CRT
 Connector -- VGA
 DAC Type  -- Primary
 TMDS Type -- External
 DDC Type  -- DVI_DDC

Should note here, there is no VGA connector on the card. There is a DVI
connector (the one I am using) and the one that looks like DVI, but bigger,
ADC I think?

> If that doesn't work, please let us know. :)
> -Joe

Still no joy. Sorry for taking so long to get back to the list, I had to go
out...

-d