On Saturday 01 February 2003 10:46 pm, Nicholas Hockey wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 17:37, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > What packages in portage in the following categories are recommended?
> >
> > (1) Ripping from audio cd to ogg vorbis format
> > (2) Server to stream from a large collection of ogg vorbis music files
> >
> > I look forward to hearing your suggestions.
> > Dhruba Bandopadhyay.
> >
> > --
>
> grip to rip and icecast2 to stream

I'd be grateful for a little information on how to use icecast2.  I've
configured /etc/icecast2.xml and can use xmms to connect to the server but
get the following error

        connection added....
        DEBUG: client coming in...
        DEBUG: source not found for client

and xmms gives a 404 not found error.  What exactly should the <basedir> tag
point to and does it require a playlist file?