> >I'm running a k7-900, 450megs of ram, geforce3, and lots of hard
> >drive (3x80 in raid5, 2x cdroms, another two drives for a raid0 on /
> >and my winxp partition).  The system has a 350watt power supply and
> >hasn't had oddness like this before.  I'm running the gentoo sources
> >kernel with nothing fancy in it.
>
> I have a asus a7v266-c mb with  768 mb ram, 2kAthlonXp, a msi video card
> using nvida drivers.

A7V here too.  I seem to remember that asus motherboards have problems
with asus video cards (odd yes, but true, had to bump my io voltage to
keep from crashing under windows), but I don't think the gf3 I have is
asus branded.  Similar set up here.

> >Should I be trying the vanilla or -ck kernel, or running memtest or
> >something?
>
> Same problem here, same situation. I put the screen saver to blank
> screen instead of eye candy (gl goodies) and it works fine. Nothing else
> GL seems to lock it though.

Same solution here too.  Sucks to crash with SW raid5, cause rebuilding
parity on a 3x80G array *sucks* :)

alan

--
Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net