Doing a stage1 install of gentoo 1.4 on a 1.2GHz Duron system.  My CFLAGS
is set to "-mcpu=duron -O3".  Everything goes fine until I get to the
"emerge -u world" step, where it fails.  Setting my CFLAGS to i686 works
without an issue.  My question is, SHOULD this work with specifying the
duron processor?  Can I specify "athlon" instead?

--
Larry Herzog Jr.        "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain
ZRXOA #1029              conceit, but in humility consider others