i'm replying to this message to test the functionality of my mua, but would like to
say what a helpful answer this was from Mr. Mercer :-)

may someone please tell me if the 'From' line in their mail reader does not say 'Brett
Campbell' for this message i have sent.  i replied to this list earlier this evening
(first time with my newly configured agent) and the 'From' field said 'To
[EMAIL PROTECTED]' in my mua when i received it.  i have cc'd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in either case.

Thank you!

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:57:08AM +0000, Mr R A Mercer wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Oliver Burnett-Hall wrote:
>
> > You could try telnetting into the mail server and dealing with the
> > message there.
> >
> > 'telnet pop3.myisp.net 110' will connect you to a POP3 server, then you
> > need to authenticate with 'USER <username>' and 'PASS <password>'.
> >
> > Once your in use commands like LIST, TOP and DELE to list, look at, and
> > delete messages.  QUIT will disconnect you.  RFC1725 describes what you
> > can do.
>
> Thanks a lot, that did the trick.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

''Wisdom is the companion of patience''

       ,-~~-.___.
      / |  '     \

Brett Ryan Campbell
Systems Administrator, CAD Research Center
Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
http://www.cadrc.calpoly.edu/frameset_content/content_about_us.html