On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 19:49, Eric Miller wrote:
> when I reboot to gentoo and do modprobe, it finds no
> modules, and sure eough there are no modules in:
>
> /usr/lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/net
>
> so I copy those two modules from the CD to my gentoo
> system, and they wont work because they were complied
> for a different kernel
>
> This is stupid.

Kernel modules are stored in /lib/modules/*, not /usr/lib/...
If you didn't pick those modules when configuring your kernel you won't
have them. This isn't windows :P
Sometimes the name of the driver doesn't have much relation to the name
of the driver (err... entry in menuconfig, vs filename), so check the
help, the filename of the driver is often documented there.

--
Mike Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>