On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:10:57 -0600
Richard Kilgore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:31:32PM -0800, Jim Nutt wrote:
> > --=.lr/pX7ZW3lNpVG Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
> >
> > I'm having trouble getting the new nvidia drivers to work on my
> > system. No errors are reported, just that the X server broke
> > off it's connection. The kernel module also reports that it is
> > still in use after everything is exited. Any suggestions, ideas,
> > anything?
> >
> > jim
>
> Did you upgrade nvidia-glx at the same time you upgraded
> nvidia-kernel?
>
>     - richard
>

> > -- jim nutt
I just noticed that before this week, even just a few emerges ago, I was
able to emerge nvidia-kernel nvidia-glx and then opengl-update nvidia,
after a kernel update and then startx and all was well.

The last time I tried that routine, I found that the NVdriver was not
being loaded automatically as was done before. So now I found I had to
out the NVdriver in the /etc/modules.autoload file by hand. Once doing
that all is once well again.