i can only comment on the subject by saying that i've recently compiled a new kernel
(vanilla-sources, 2.4.20) and applied the ck2 patches, and that i haven't seen that
error once (when i first installed 1.4_rc2 i had the same error, every time i shutdown
my laptop.. it really was rather annoying).  i've shutdown my laptop every day,
several times a day, and haven't seen it come back.  i can't say that 2.4.20 is the
solution, but in my situation it dissapeared (and the only make config options i
changed were framebuffer-related).

best of luck,

lion-O

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:27:38AM +0100, Marcos Garcia wrote:
> Hello everybody
> I'm new at the mailing list, so i'll be very pleased to join your discussions.
> My little problem is about a /proc flie (cmdline) which gives me an error at
> shutdown. I
>
> t's like "/proc/cmdline: file not found. Press Ctrl+D for normal startup or
> give password for maintenance."
>
> 10 seconds later it halts normally. I don't know how to resolve this. When my
> system is running, this file contains the GRUB parameters for the kernel
> (root=/dev/hda7 hdc=scsi) but at the end of INIT level 0, when is unmounting
> filesistems, it crashes as i've explained
> It's not a problem, just an excuse for say HELLO GUYS!! :D
> My name is mark
> Nice to wrote you!

''Wisdom is the companion of patience''

       ,-~~-.___.
      / |  '     \

Brett Ryan Campbell
Systems Administrator, CAD Research Center
Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
http://www.cadrc.calpoly.edu/frameset_content/content_about_us.html