I've finally figured out some sort of solution to my problem.  I thought
I'd post it just in case anyone else has the same problem.
It seems Nautilus will only work when run from a xterminal or a launcher
in a gnome panel.  If I run it using the menu in enlightenment or the
hotkeys on my media keyboard it begins loading multiple instances of
itself and sucks all the memory.  I'm not sure why this is but for now
I'll just have to use the panel launcher.  If anyone has any ideas as to
why it will not work the way it normally does please inform me.

-Arlo