Yeah I know that the subject of usb mice comes up about every 2-3 days.  So
just to continue in the spirit of things ...

I however, have a different question.  The mouse works no problem.  But, how
the hell do I adjust the scaling parameters?  I have large screen
(1920x1200) and the scaling is great if I want to move from one side to the
other in a hurry (like move the mouse ~1 inch).  But if I want to hit
anything within a tolerance of, oh say 100 pixels, damn near impossible.

I may be exagerating a bit, but it really does the make the system un-usable
from an x windows point of view.

I have tried adjusting the scaling parameters in the hid config section of
the kernel config . . . No help.  I have also tried setting a *resolution*
option in the x config file which also has no effect.

This seams to be an esoteric subject as far as googling is concerned.  Any
guru's out there who can give me some beta?

Does the actual mouse itself make a difference?

I believe I read somewhere that the kernel is actually handling the scaling,
any truth to that?  If so, where is the code at in the source tree?