OK OK, yes I'm aware that the subject of a usb mouse comes up about every
two days but I have a question.

How the heck does one change/set the scaling parameter for a usb mouse?  I
in the desktop guide that the kernel automagically handles the scaling for
me.  This is really cool when I want to get from one side of my large screen
(1920x1200) to the other by moving the mouse about 1 inch, but it really
*sucks* when I try to hit a target that is less than 100 pixels.  Trying to
hit any menu item is damn near impossible.

I have tried to adjust the parameters in the hid config of the kernel (yes,
I rebuilt and installed after configuring) and have tried a xfree
'resolution' option in the input device section.  Nope, sorry.

Anyone else seen this? Have any suggestions?  Does the actual mouse make a
difference?  If this is done by the kernel, does any one know where the code
is in the source tree?

I apologize if this comes across twice, I thought I sent it earlier, but ,
well . . . Maybe not????

alan