On Thursday 20 February 2003 03:42, Collins wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 05:24 pm, Robert Cole wrote:
> > If I have ttf fonts from a windows system in a directory can I (and
> > should I) add that to the list in /etc/X11/XF86Config  ?? Seems like I
> > should. That true? Or should I use KDE font installer to add them to an
> > existing directory?
>
> Don't know about the KDE font installer.
>
> What I do is:
>
> 1. copy the ttf fonds to a directory
You forget either a call to ttmkfdir or mkfontscale, to make the fonts.scale
file. mkfontdir does not detect scaled fonts which almost all truetype fonts
are.

> 2. execute mkfontdir
> 3. execute fc-cache
> 4. Add to the list in XF86Config
> 5. Restart the X server
>
> Not sure about the sequence of 3-5.  Maybe it should be 4-5-3?  It's been a
> while.
Depending on your /etc/fonts/fonts.conf you need to ensure that this dir is
also listed there. fontconfig recurses, so you don't need to add subdirs

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Researcher