The exact samle thing happenned to me. From what I
understand, now, when compiling, portage logs in as
user "portage", executing any code found in you
/etc/profile.

You should probably remove uptime and fortune from
your /etc/profile and put them in your
~/.bash_profile,

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

 --- Noberasco Michele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
a écrit : > Yesterday I emerged the new
portage-2.0.47-r2...