hi !

> I wish I did... I got the same error today.  I'm hoping if I leave it be
> someone will fix the listings.  As I've had it happen before with the
> odd other package and within a day or two it got fixed.  I don't know
> about you but the other day I was also doing the portage rumba so to
> speak.  Upgrade, downgrade, upgrade again 2x...
year that was cool, and each time manual corrections in make.conf because the
interactive mode of etc-update make toooo big blocks :-/

I've not made ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86
only selected (masked) packages by hand, like this i2c :-)

Why is this line in the main Makefile:
LINUX_INCLUDE_DIR := /usr/local/include/linux

I don't have this directory /usr/local/include/
And I'm pretty sure, I don't have deleted this dir.
I think it should either be /usr/include/linux/ or
/lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r10/build/include/
but okay, no problem here I think

My Error at compiling is something like:
Makefile:188: kernel/i2c-core.d: No such file or directory

I had now a deeper look at this package
Some Info out of the file QUICKSTART:
  Do a `make' followed by a `make install'.
  The warnings about .d files at the start are harmless.

Okay, lets ignore them and say, my i2c is working.
depmod -a and modules-update  okay

lm_sensors don't want to be installed :-)

the compile dies in i2c-amd8111.c in the following lines:
#ifndef I2C_HW_SMBUS_AMD8111
#error Your i2c is too old - i2c-2.7.0 or greater required!
#endif

This I2C_HW_SMBUS_AMD8111 is set in /usr/include/linux/i2c-id.h:
#define I2C_HW_SMBUS_AMD8111   0x0a

and is being included by /usr/include/linux/i2c.h
which is included in
/var/tmp/portage/lm_sensors-2.7.0/work/lm_sensors-2.7.0/kernel/busses/i2c-amd8111.c

so, why come this error with not defined I2C_HW_SMBUS_AMD8111?

ciao
Joe