On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:04:56 -0800, Susie wrote:
> I do have openbox on here but generally am in blackbox.  Waimea seems
> more unusual out of the blackbox family of window managers(at least
> look wise ie no tool bar and moving the mouse shifts desktops, etc).
> I'm still trying to figure out what are the big diffrences with
> openbox vs blackbox.  Other than it and waimea look like they can have
> two silts(which I don't think I could of with blackbox but might be
> wrong on that)  So what are the major diffrences between the two?
> Personally I didn't like fluxbox I found it to be simply blackbox with
> tabs on it.<shrug>  Waimea I just find a curiosity at this point.

well, openbox can have bitmaps for all buttons that control the toolbar
and windows. it uses xft to give you smooth anti-aliased fonts. and like
in waimea you can mousescroll through the desktops. and shade the
windows with the mousewheel, drag windows from one desktop to another.
also the window to window and window to edge snapping or resistance
stuff is very good compared to blackbox. overall its awesome. its what
blackbox should have been. and you are right about fluxbox, its mostly
just those tabs. which i have no use for.

and if you want to make your own styles for openbox with a great ease
then you use stylebox which is linked in the openbox wiki.

http://icculus.org/openbox/wiki
http://icculus.org/openbox