On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 08:59:30PM +0530, Raghuram Rajagopal wrote:
> Yeah ofcourse, GUI itself is a process and it is handled
> concurrently by the OS.
>
> But, my question was, does GUI itself have some built-in
> functionalities to enhance the way of handling multiple
> process at a time.
>
> I came across some GUI applications, where if a single
> process gets somewhere hanged or dead, then all its
> parent processes are also killed or even sometime leads  to
> system crash. So, I just wanted to know , how
> effectively does KDE/Gnome handles this type of situation.
>
> And I think I have some reasons behind asking this
> question and not just "ill-posed".

The question is ill-posed in the sense that KDE and Gnome have nothing to
do with threads.  There is nothing they can do about threading.  The
kernel is encharged of that.  You can make a GUI that hangs or one that
doesn't hang just as easily in each.

--
Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.