On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:00:15 +0100
Sigurd Stordal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had this type of errors too, but it ended telling me it was a sandbox access
> violation. I think it will be solved if you have userpriv in your FEATURES.
> or maybe you need usersandbox too.(in /etc/make.globals or make.conf).

It is definitely sandbox access violations. I added the two entries you suggest to
/etc/make.conf. I'm emerge'ing xfree at the moment and I'm getting the following in
the process (hasn't dumped me out yet):

ACCESS DENIED  chown:     /var/cache/edb
ACCESS DENIED  chown:     /var/cache/edb/dep
ACCESS DENIED  open_wr:   /var/cache/edb/mtimedb

Just for the record, I've gotten all of these errors running either sudo or directly
as root. I shouldn't be getting any access denied messages at that point.

Ric