I've not received any replies on where to find the log file for the compile.
The emerge.log simply noted the failure. I downloaded another copy of the
kdeaddons from another mirror and it crashed at the same place. I couldn't
copy the file anywhere, but it said something I think on line 117. Also I
noticed, just before these messages that it said something about lib ogg
vorbis having been moved, however it all scrolled off the top of the screen
too quickly to catch.

Does this help?