On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 08:44:13PM -0300, Norberto Bensa wrote:

> Hmm, you're doing it the hard way, no doubts :-)
>
> # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge whateverpackage

This is what I do. However, whenever I later do a
emerge -u world, my <whateverpackage> will be downgraded to the old
version.

I'm trying to find the 'proper' way to avoid this downgrading and so
far it's either
a) pin the package (editing the world package file)
or
b) copy the ebuild to the PORTAGE_OVERLAY directory and edit the
ACCEPT keyword.

I'm not particular fond of either of these options. I'd rather have
portage remember that I /want/ to use the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS when
emerging the <whateverpackage> and it's dependencies.

If anyone knows something obvious that I've missed, feel free to point
it out. :)

//Humming