> Long long time ago, on Tuesday 04 March 2003 07:14 pm, richard terry wrote:
> > Questions:
> >
> > 2)Does any sort of X display exist at the basic level

You can use one of those GRP rc2 cd's with a pre-built XFREE binary
for your system, however, it is outdated and you will be prompted to
upgrade XFree anyways.

> > 3)Could someone point me to doc's to download and install KDE3.1

You will notice a link that says "Docs" up top of the website, click
that and find the Desktop howto guide. You can also install some sort
of KDE 3.0-3.1 from the same binary packages available on the rc2
cd's... maybe you can find the packages on some mirror or something.

Should get you up and running with X and KDE within 5-10 minutes,
depending on the speed of your system.

--
Louis C. Candell