Hi Richard,

Thanks for trying. :)  But, I am still having problems.

I thought maybe the problem was with plugger overriding things, so I
pulled out plugger.  I already have rpnp.so symbolically linked to
/opt/RealPlayer8/rpnp.so.

Specifically this is what happens:

mozilla embedded content fails: news.com
Shows missing plug-in icon.  Clicking on icon shows:
This page contains information of a type (audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin)
that can only be viewed with the appropriate Plug-in.

galeon embedded content fails: news.com
RealPlayer starts embedded, shows Real logo and thats all.  Play button
is disabled, right clicking brings up menu but Play does not work.

Both browsers show rpnp.so in: about:plugins

Thanks again,

-Arthur

--
Copyright (c) 2003 Arthur Britto, All Rights Reserved, Redistribution of this message
requires written permission.