On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:54:43 +0000
Joel Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hotkeys allows you to map extra keys to useful actions, and has a
> number of presets for special keyboards. I know the iTouch is
> supported (I use it myself), not sure about others.

Much thanks.  I tried the xmms plugin and it crashed and removed itself
from the plugin list.  I tried hotkeys and it works great.  :)  I'm
using the one with the itouch.def that I've customized in a .hotkeys
along with bits of hotkeys.conf put in there.

> you can use the 'xev' program to identify keycodes to make your own
> hotkeys config file if there isn't one for your keyboard in the
> presets.

Thanks I'll also give that a try later as some of my keys weren't
covered in conf or def files unless they've named the keys other things
in diffrent versions.  My keys are: sleep, finance, my sites, community,
favourites, itouch, e-mail, shopping, search, and my home.  Then the
media keys of course.(one of which will launch a media palyer)  I know
one thing tho my system doesn't like the latest itouch windows drivers.
It crashed so severe it was unrecoverable and I had to reinstall
windows. :P

--

Susie
VE7 HFA