Seg faults are generally hardware - especially when memtest shows errors.  It
sure won't compile that way.  First make sure the stick is 1) in properly,
and 2) is the correct one for that motherboard.  take out one stick and leave
the original - then run memtest.  If you get errors then take that stick out
and  put the new one in and see what happens.

--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><