Hello,

I installed OpenOffice (the bin package, after waiting for the whole evening to get it compiled and not finishing) but it seems I can't use the system fonts in it. I have xfs running, and a modified configuration file, with some added fonts. I'm able to access this fonts in my desktop preferences, but they don't show in OpenOffice. Anybody has experienced this?

From the OpenOffice web:

To install fonts for all OpenOffice.org applications it is sufficient that they can be found in the filesystem. OpenOffice.org searches the following directories for fonts:

Solaris Linux
1 The directories /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 and /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/sun The directory /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
2 Locale dependend directories found in the file /usr/openwin/lib/locale/"your_locale"/OWfontpath The output of the command /usr/sbin/chkfontpath or chkfontpath
3 The fontpath as returned by XGetFontPath() Same as Solaris
4 Directories given by the environment variable SAL_FONTPATH_PRIVATE, usually this variable is set by the soffice script to "openoffice_dir"/share/fonts/truetype Same as Solaris

There's no chkfontpath command in gentoo, so I think OpenOffice should get the fon list from XGetFontPath(). Anybody knows of any bug related to this?

   Regards
   Jose