I emerged distcc. I added "distcc" to FEATURES and "localhost omega" to DISTCC_HOSTS in my make.conf. I did 'rc-update add distccd default' on this box and another gentoo box where i have distcc setup. When I tried to emerge OpenOffice (not -bin), it gave an error during ./configure. It said something about the compiler (distcc gcc [other flags]) not being able to produce executables. When I take distcc out of FEATURES, it works without a problem. I've emerged other things since I installed distcc and I've never had this problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

--
Andrew Gaffney