Jani-Matti Hätinen wrote:

Andy Arbon wrote:

The only problem is that I am in a very firm rut of using lots of old
Unix/Emacs keybindings and I can't get used to them not working in KWord
etc.. Is there any way to make KDE let me use these bindings?

Check Settings/Configure Shortcuts in KWord (and all other KDE programs). I'm not sure if the ones you mention are in there, but at least in KWord the list of configurable keybindings is very, very long.

Mine works here:

# Identifier and driver

   Identifier  "Mouse1"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
   Option "Device"      "/dev/input/mice"
   Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

and from my kernel:

#
# Input core support
#
CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
# CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV is not set
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=m

# Mice # # CONFIG_BUSMOUSE is not set CONFIG_MOUSE=y CONFIG_PSMOUSE=y # CONFIG_82C710_MOUSE is not set # CONFIG_PC110_PAD is not set # CONFIG_MK712_MOUSE is not set

# Usb
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_ALT=y

CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y

Mine did not work until I recompiled my kernel with the above.