Hi!

After emerging kde I started kdm (as stated in the Desktop
Configuration Guide). I logged on as normal user and spent some time
playing around with it. I also added xdm to the default runlevel with
'DISPLAYMANAGER=kdm' in /etc/rc.conf . Then I wanted to see how it
boots, so I rebooted the machine and kdm came up just fine. There was
only one problem though: user panel contained all of the users, i.e.
except me and root there were all of the virtual users like 'nobody',
'mysql', 'qmaild', etc. And the drop-down menu where you can select
the window manager showed only 'default' and 'failsafe', no 'kde' or
'kde-3.1.1'.

Does anybody know where the kdm config files are located, so I can
delete all of the virtual user from the kdm user list and change the
drop-down menu?

What I find really strange is that before reboot kdm showed only me
and root in the list, and I could choose between kde-3.1.1 and
failsafe.

BTW, if I launch X with 'startx' as normal user then twm is started. I
found out that it is a normal fallback behavior of the XSession
script, I think, in /etc/X11/[something]/ , if it doesn't find
anything in the user's home directory and then in XSESSION global
variable.

Any ideas?

Regards,
  Renat