> While emerge fontconfig it "hang" on almost finishing:
*snip*
>  * Creating font cache...
>
> cpu utilization is 100%. And it has been like this for 336 minutes. I use
> ctrl-c to stop the process, and do a "emerge -p fontconfig", it is already
> the newest version. I try another "emerge fontconfig", the same result,
> hang and 100% cpu utilization.

As root, do "fc-cache -v", and see if it hangs...if so, the output should be
helpful in at least telling you what directory is having the problem.

If it does hang, my suggestion would be to run "mkfontdir" (or "ttmkfdir") in
the affected directory (as appropriate, depending on what kinds of fonts you
have), and rerunning fc-cache.

Joshua J. Berry

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
    -- /usr/games/fortune

PGP Key: http://deneb.condordes.net/node/16/view

NOTE: Please do not submit this email address to any mailing
lists or websites without prior permission.  Thank you.