Hi,

I guess my question is nothing more than a dupe, but I found no answer on the web yet.

With all kernels except for the gentoo-sources kernel, I had the init parameters "hdc=scsi hdd=scsi" to enable SCSI emulation of my CD-R burners. Fine, so far.

Now when I try to use the gentoo-sources kernel, these parameters don't work.

I found out that you can set ide_scsi:1 in /proc/ide/hd?/settings (e.g.); it changes the emulation settings, but the SCSI device won't appear.

Maybe I should say that I use the same .config on my kernels for now (slightly perturbated by "make oldconfig").

Please can someone tell me how to activate SCSI emulation for my IDE CD-R devices?

Kind regards,
k.j.