On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 00:19, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> On Monday 24 March 2003 04:05 pm, Klaus-J. Wolf wrote:
> > I finally got it. If you load the modules, it works, but in
> > monolithic kernel, it won't. ;-(
>
> As I understand it, you can't         have both ide-cdrom and ide-scsi compiled
> in. one or the other has to be a module. Both of my drives work with
> emulation with no ide-cdrom at all.
>
> There is also no ide-scsi line in my grub.conf

I have both compiled in, and it works fine.  You just need to set
the 'hd?=ide-scsi' option to the kernel, so that the ide driver
knows it should not try to initialize the drive.

Before you report to bugzilla, check if it works with a vanilla
kernel and the same setup.

Regards,

--

Martin Schlemmer
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer