On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 13:29, Steven wrote:
> On Monday 24 March 2003 12:43 pm, Bruno Lustosa wrote:
> > * Steven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [24-03-2003 15:45]:
> > > Anyone getting this error?
> > >
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] steven $ mplayer
> > > mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libc.so.6:
> > > invalid ELF header [EMAIL PROTECTED] steven $
> >
> > Hey, libc is usually on /lib, not on /usr/lib.
> > Are you sure your libc is ok?
>
> Well no not now. What would someone suggest I do to find out? What should I
> do?
>
> Thanks so much! I'm also having the same problem when I attempt to emerge
> quanta.

With a messed up libc I am surprised at even the fact that you can run
the shell... I reccommend not rebooting the machine until you have got
this straghtend out.
All the best..
Spundun
sorry I dont know how to fix this thing.... try qpkg -l glibc to see
what files the libc installed.... maybe you need to reemerge glibc.
The fact that you can run any command (even ls) says that the library is
not completely skrewed up so may be theres no need to panic.