I used to use a version of xawtv's webcam but things came up and that
varient didn't get updated for the new ov511 driver.  I've tried SDLcam
but went to came which is simlar in configuration, etc to xawtv's webcam
app.  You could just use xawtv to position the cam, and take a quick
grab of the image.  But I think the quality of the output from camE is
nice.  Also you can use gnomemeeting similar to netmeeting if you wish
to use your cam for that.  But if you've got a webpage and want to
upload pics I'd go with camE.  As for regular digital camera software
I've not used that if your talking about the model of webcam that can
also work like a digital cam.

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:13:32 -0800
"Ralph F. De Witt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all:
> I just installed my brand new Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro. I have the
> proper pwc modules compiled and installed. My problem is that this is
> the first Web/QuickCam I have ever owned, and do not know what
> programs to use with it. I would like to use it to capture photos that
> can be saved to the harddrive etc. I primarily use kde but have gnome
> installed also. Much Much later on I might want to stream some video
> to a web site. So what are the recommendations to emerge.
>
> Ralph

Susie
VE7 HFA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]