Whatever tha problem is: the following overcomes the socket problem

1. i got rid of the .transgaming in wine config (replaced by .wine)
2. i made a link ~/.wine to ~/.wine-cvs
3. i created the dir for c_drive and under this windows/system32
4. put /usr/lib/winex-cvs/lib into /etc/ld.so.conf and execute 'ldconfig'
5. execute wineserver (this creates the socket)
        /usr/lib/winex-cvs/bin/wineserver
6.  execute (before wineserver dies):
        /usr/lib/winex-cvs/bin/wine {your program}

At this point i get some unresolved DLL errors like
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib builtin advapi32.dll:
/usr/lib/winex-cvs/lib/libadvapi32.so: undefined symbol: CreateSemaphoreA
... and some more ...
but all named .dll files exist as .so
Maybe someone comes further with different applications or has good ideas

Tim